REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES
PASO Reform Project – Pacific Aviation Investment Program
Assignment Title: LEGAL SPECIALIST
Submission deadline EXTENDED: 30 January 2022
The Pacific Aviation Safety Office (PASO) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the PASO REFORM PROJECT and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for consulting service.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a Legal Specialist to ensure that the PASO Reform Project is implemented successfully, in accordance with PASO and World Bank policies, procedures, manuals, the Grant Agreement and Project Agreement, and other approved program documentation. This assignment is expected to require up to 90 working days input until 31 December 2022 commencing as soon as possible. This position is remotely based.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be downloaded below.
The PASO now invites eligible individuals (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services (Please attach curriculum vitae with description of experience in similar assignments, similar conditions, etc.).
Firms’ staff may express interest through the employing firm for the assignment and, under such situation, only the experience and qualifications of individuals shall be considered in the selection process.
The criteria for selecting the Consultant are:
- A Law Degree from a recognized University
- Minimum 10 years of legal work experience in the private sector or government with emphasis on contracts and corporate matters
- At least 3 years working experience in International and Aviation Law including ICAO Annexes
- Experience of working in at least three (3) Pacific Islands or similar small island developing states
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with effective communication skills and negotiating ability
- Excellence in oral and written English language
- Ability to work as a team member under minimal supervision with high integrity and in teams with cross-cultural membership
- Knowledge relating to the role of PASO in the Pacific Region
- Familiarity with project requirements of the international and/or donor-supported development projects, including World Bank will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of ICAO and its system of communication with States regarding its requirements
The attention of interested Consultants (including firms) is drawn to paragraph 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 2016, revised in November 2017 (“the Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Further information can be obtained by contacting email@example.com
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form by email (no more than 3MG) firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 January 2022.