Head of Corporate Services
Applications close Sunday, 7 November 2021
- 3 Year Contract full-time position open to All Applicants
- Based in Port Vila
The Head of Corporate Services makes a significant contribution to the overall success of PASO. The role leads the following core areas:
- Overall Corporate Service operation
- Quality Management System
- Council Secretariat function
This role is responsible for the effective day to day management of the PASO Head Office. This will involve managing the entire Corporate Function which comprises of Human Resources, Office Administration, Training, Finance, Business Planning and Reporting (including Strategic Planning), all Council secretariat matters including subcommittee arrangements, communication, marketing, and information technology. The role also is responsible for the successful performance of the Quality Management System.
The Head of Corporate Services is a key member of the Senior Management Team and is expected to make a significant contribution to the overall success and direction of PASO through the responsibilities in the position but also in working collaboratively with their peers.
The Head of Corporate Services will have the ability and experience to motivate and drive the PASO teams to achieve both the overall PASO targets and key performance objectives. Strong people management skills are also essential to encourage personal development and ensure employee engagement is maintained and motivate staff at all times.
This role has four direct reports and leads a Corporate Team that totals 16.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Hold a relevant qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- Have proven management experience and an in-depth understanding of business systems
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant financial experience
- Proven leadership experience in achieving strategic goals and objectives in a complex environment, especially where high levels of customer focus and stakeholder engagement are involved
- Experience working in donor- funded, not for profit business.
- Experience interacting successfully with government officials, key stakeholders, and third-party representatives
- Strong analytical skills with ability to present relevant information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognises the “big picture” in issues, and attend to detail when required
- Has experience in, understands, and can work within appropriate legislation
- Keeps abreast of trends and issues across the civil aviation sector and related areas (across the Pacific and overseas), knows when and where to go and get knowledge and expertise
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the aviation industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the Pacific would be an advantage
Please read the Job Description before applying. Click the button below to download the Job Description.
Applications for this role must be submitted online by using the application button below.
Applications close Sunday, 7 November 2021.