Enhance your understanding of State safety oversight systems and the PASO Model
PASO’s Master Class Series for PASO Member States continues this week with “Safety Oversight and the PASO Model”. This latest PASO participative training opportunity is being delivered virtually via Zoom in two parts over two weeks.
Part one starts this Thursday (10 September 2020) at 10am Port Vila time.
- the operation of a State safety oversight system,
- roles and responsibilities of the key players
- PASO’s establishment, and
- PASO’s role as a regional safety oversight organisation for Member States.
Part two is on Thursday (17 September 2020) at 10am Port Vila time.
- how the States and PASO work together
- the processes required for the proper functioning of delegated oversight tasks
- introduction to policies and procedures required by States as part of their safety oversight systems including:
- PASO’s certification and audit procedures
- procedures to implement the delegation mechanism in place between States and PASO
The training is being delivered by PASO Regulatory Specialist, Steve Douglas via Zoom.
Steve’s specialty areas are aviation regulatory system operations, and policies, safety and risk. He was formerly Director of Civil Aviation in New Zealand and brings over 30 years’ experience working in civil aviation senior management in New Zealand, and as an aviation consultant, currently as PASO’s Regulatory Adviser.
This PASO Master Class Series is made possible by funding from the World Bank.